The sturdy walls of Dalt Vila were designed by the Italian engineer Giovanni Battista Calvi, who was in the service of King Philip II at the time. Its construction was a grand work initiated in 1555 which conserves the original layout, characterised by the presence of seven bastions. Today, the casemate – a half-covered courtyard where the artillery was kept – of the bastion of Sant Pere has become a space that illustrates the complex construction of the walls, through audiovisual elements. And the bastion of Sant Jaume, too, has been turned into a museum on military technology that shows the evolution of the fortifications and pyro-ballistics.
Descripción Datos de contacto
Baluarte de Sant Pere: Portal Nou, Dalt Vila - Baluarte de Sant Jaume: Ronda Calvi, Dalt Vila.
971 392 390
October-March: Tue-Fri, 10am.-4.30pm. Sat&Sun, 10am.-2pm. April-June & September: Tue-Fri, 10-am.12pm./5pm.-8pm. Sat&Sun, 10am.-2pm. July-August: Tue-Fri, 10am.-2pm./6pm.9pm. Sat&Sun, 10am.-2pm.